I debated how and when to write this post. Every year past, I have previewed all the beautiful venues, couples, and weddings that we will be a part of in the upcoming year because it gets me excited for the season. However, this year is going to be different for so many of us. The world came to a standstill in March. Engagement sessions that would have happened were rescheduled indefinitely. Couples have been faced with the postponement of the weddings they spent their lives dreaming of and months/years planning. The 2020 season doesn't look the way it did at the beginning of the year.
In this time of uncertainty, I was simply going to skip this year's preview. My heart was heavy and I despaired at seeing all the bright plans we'd made being changed. As the date neared for our first scheduled wedding, which is being celebrated though in a different manner than originally planned, I realized that I didn't want to ignore the struggles of this year. My role as a wedding photographer is to document your love stories, and within these challenges, love is still present. Perhaps even more so.
"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates wall to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou
So I write this post full of hope. I recognize our amazing couples who have been navigating this unusual year. I anticipate the biggest and fullest celebrations that will take place when we can all gather again. I acknowledge that everything I share here may change, but if this year has taught me anything, it's patience and flexibility.
Without further ado, here are some of the venues where our couples are saying “I Do”…
How did our couples find us?
- Social Media - Instagram is our most popular lead source (find us here @amacdonaldphoto)
- Referrals from Past Couples - we can't thank you enough!
- Online Searches on The Knot & Google
- Referrals from Wedding Planners
- Referrals from Venues
A few facts...
- The average AMP 2020 couple booked us 12-14 months in advance
- A majority of our couples this year found us on Instagram @amacdonaldphoto
- These couples live in Massachusetts, Vermont, North Carolina, Florida, and New York. Needless to say, we talk on the phone a lot. xx
- As of May, six of our couples have postponed to 2021.
- Of those rescheduling, four are opting to have a small elopement on their original date, and their big celebration at a later date.
Time to meet some of our 2020 couples!
A love note to our 2020 couples...
I just want to say how proud I am to work with such resilient, caring, and beautiful souls. Thank you for your openness and positivity. We are thinking of you. We are here for you, we feel for you, and that despite the hurdles you are facing now, your wedding day will be full of hope and joy. We can't wait to celebrate with you. xx